Thanks for using the GBV Tête-À-Tête App! Here we describe how we collect, use and handle your information when you use our service.
What & Why
We respect the privacy of all our users or visitors to our application. We only collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
- Account. On our application we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. We only gather personally identifiable information associated with your account, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a user or a visitor.
- Services. Our Services are designed to create a space where frontline staff, such as caseworkers and community focal points, as well as other staff can assess their skills, learn about gender-based violence (GBV), case management and appropriate communication and attitude skills as well as have a community space to learn from each other and receive coaching.
- Usage. We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like assessments) to improve and protect our Services. This helps us provide you with features like the “CPFA Certification” section.
We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
We may share information as discussed below, but the information will not be shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. For example, we won’t sell it to advertisers or other third parties.
- Other users. Our Services display information like your name, profile picture, and email address to other users in places like your user profile. Certain features let you make additional information available to others.
- Law & Order. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; or (c) prevent fraud or abuse of our Services or our users.
Stewardship of your data is critical to us and a responsibility that we embrace. We believe that our users’ data should receive the same legal protections regardless of whether it’s stored on our services or on their home computer’s hard drive.
- Retention. We’ll retain information you store on our Services for as long as we need it to provide you the Services. If you delete your account, we’ll also delete this information. But please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Around the world. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process and transmit information in Nigeria and locations around the world – including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, we will notify you.
Have questions or concerns about our Services and privacy? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org